14 Types of Kisses Guys Like (He’ll Be Asking For More)
Have you ever kissed a guy and it didn’t really “click?”
You both have intense mutual attraction…but you’re not sure if you’re giving him the types of kisses guys like.
You don’t want to lose a great guy to bad kissing. Believe it or not, a bad kiss can turn a guy off forever.
You might feel out of practice kissing if you have been single for a while…or were kissing the same man in a long-term relationship. So I want to get you up to speed on what men look for when it comes to kissing and teach you a few kisses that will drive him wild.
First, What’s in a Kiss?
No one knows exactly when kissing began. It’s likely always been a way to communicate.
Caveman: [after being gone hunting for a week: SMACK] “Ooga booga boo.” [translation: “Sorry I’ve been gone so long. Here’s some woolly mammoth steak.”]
Cavelady: “Smerga blook.” [translation: “I was mad, but I like the way you touch your lips to mine. Plus: woolly mammoth steak!”]
But what IS a kiss? Osculologists (kissing scientists) say we use at least 34 facial muscles, and up to 146 total body muscles, when we kiss. Not only that but our hearts also race. And our brain starts releasing oxytocin, “the love hormone,” and vasopressin.
Kissing helps us understand a romantic partner. We use it much like a dog would sniff another’s butt (only kissing is way more polite) to inhale pheromones to determine whether we’re a good match for a person.
You may be unsure you like a guy until you kiss him. Then you suddenly feel a rush of emotion and attachment…if the kiss is good!
The Types of Kisses Guys Like
Each kiss in this list of types of kisses guys like fits a specific situation. Use your instinct to determine when to use each.
Juicy First Kiss
Ah, there’s nothing like that first kiss. This is when you do that pheromone investigation to figure out if you’re attracted to and compatible with a guy.
The key is to leave him wanting more. A first kiss should be a prelude to more down the road. It shouldn’t be sexual; it’s too soon for that. But it should be a chance to explore each other and get comfortable being physically intimate. Here are some tips to make that first one great.
- Read his cues. Is he going for a gentle lips-only kiss or diving in deeper for a little tongue action? Match where he is.
- Touch him. Caress his neck or pull him closer.
- Look him in the eyes after. And smile to let him know it was good!
2. The I’m-Ready-to-Get-Intimate Kiss
As things progress in your relationship, the time will come when you’re ready to get a little more physical. You may be shy about raising that point in conversation, but you can communicate your desire through this type of kiss guys like.
- At the end of a date, intensify the kiss to let him know you’d like to take it further.
- Consider your location. It can be sexy to have a hot kiss in a car, but unless you plan to have sex there, you might wait until you’re at your house!
- Again, pay attention to his response. If he responds in kind, keep moving forward. If he pulls back, realize he might be communicating he’s not ready for sex.
3. Kiss on the Cheek
This is a versatile kiss, whether you’ve just started dating a guy and want to communicate that you like him, or you’ve been with him for a while and just want to show him how sweet you find him. Here are some situations you can use it in:
- On a first date, if you’re not ready for a full-on French kiss, but want to let him know you had a good time.
- If you’re with a group of friends and don’t want to go overboard with the PDA.
- When he gives you a gift or does something thoughtful.
4. Neck Kiss
This is one of the types of kisses guys like that’s on the more intimate side. If you kiss a man on the neck, chances are you’ve been intimate to some degree…or you’re ready to be.
- Give him a neck kiss after sex to keep the intimacy going and to reassure him it was good for you. Guys get insecure too!
- Use it when you’re kissing to let him know you’re ready to take things to the next level.
- Kiss his neck in the morning as a greeting.
5. Teasing Kiss
Once you’re comfortable in your sex life with a new guy, it can be fun to be a little playful, including in how you kiss him.
- Pull back when he tries to kiss you, then smile to let him know you’re teasing.
- Dart your tongue into his mouth just a little. It’ll drive him wild!
- Kiss all over his face until he demands you kiss him on the mouth.
6. Lip Peck
Whether you’re just shy or are in a hurry, a lip peck can let a man know you’re interested without putting yourself out there too much.
- Too shy to initiate the first kiss? Try a lingering lip peck instead.
- If you’re rushing around and don’t have time to spend with your guy, a quick lip peck can reassure him that you’d rather be with him than running errands.
- If you want to tell a guy friend that you like him but lack the words, give him a sly lip peck after hugging him.
7. Biting Kiss
Here’s one of the sexy types of kisses guys like: the biting kiss. You don’t need to draw blood here! A light bite can be a major turnon. Just be ready for what comes next!
- Notice how he responds. Some men like a hard bite kiss. Some don’t like it at all. It’s useless if he’s not into it.
- Let it lead to being dominant. If you haven’t role-played, this is a nice segway to you taking the lead in the bedroom.
- Let the biting travel. There’s no reason you need to limit your playful biting to his lips!
8. Earlobe Kiss
Who would have thought that the earlobe was an erogenous zone? There are hundreds of sensory receptors that make it easy to turn on your man with a little ear play.
- Suck on his earlobe to let him know you’re feeling playful.
- Travel up his neck with kisses, lightly biting his ear, before traveling south.
- A light nibble any time can let him know you’re thinking sexy thoughts.
9. The I’m-in-Charge Kiss
Did you know that men and women between the ages of 55 and 64 are the most confident about their bodies in the bedroom? That’s according to a survey conducted by online health clinic EuroClinix, which revealed that 22% of this demographic have a positive sexual self-image.
If you’re one of those confident people, why not have a turn taking control in the bedroom? Start with a kiss that clearly communicates who the boss is.
- When you’re on top of him, kiss him until he kisses back, then pull away until you’re ready for more.
- Experiment with different pressure. Light, then hard. Tongue, then lips only. Bite, then gentle.
- Give him a turn after you see how much he’s into it!
10. Eskimo Kiss
You remember these kisses from when you were a kid, right? Legend has it that the Eskimo kiss started with the Inuit people, who called it Kunik. Rather than risking their lips getting frozen together in the frigid climate, they chose to “kiss” with their noses!
- When you’re secure in your relationship, this is an adorable way to show your affection!
- It’s a great way to warm your noses on a cold night.
- You can also use it to innocently let him know you want some cuddling.
11. The Everywhere-But-the-Lips Kiss
Sexy time! When you’re playing around in the bedroom, it can be hot to kiss him…anywhere but the lips! Start with his head and work your way all the way down. It will drive him crazy.
- Pretend like you’re going to kiss him on the lips, but miss them to frustrate him just a little!
- Experiment with different pressure kisses all over.
- See what area he likes best and put more focus there.
12. Hickey Kiss
You remember being a kid and being embarrassed (yet a little proud) of a hickey mark on your neck that some boy left on you? Well, why not bring back that nostalgic experience?
- Be considerate. If he’s got a big presentation at work tomorrow, don’t make your mark so public.
- It can take practice to get enough sucking power. Keep at it!
- Try to spell your name in marks!
13. Lipstick Kiss
Mark him as yours or leave him something to remember you by with an outline of your lipstick on him.
- Leave the lip mark in different places: cheek, neck, elsewhere…
- Try out different shades of lipstick according to your mood. Red for passion, pink for love…
- Avoid his clothes. The last thing you want is for your lipstick to stain his best shirt!
14. Aggressive Kiss
Sometimes things are sweet and romantic between you two in the bedroom…sometimes they’re hot and passionate. If you want to spur something a bit more intense, try this example of one of the hot types of kisses guys like.
- Use this kiss to let him know you want things a little rough in bed.
- Tell him what you want him to do to you between kisses.
- Add a little biting to turn it up.
Look, I know you’re not 15 looking for tips on how to kiss a guy, but who can’t use a little advice, especially coming from a member of the male species?
Pay attention to what he likes. Everyone has a favorite kiss! And if you try a particular kiss and he doesn’t respond well to it, back off from it and try something else. He may not be as adventurous as you, so the biting kiss might be too much.
Mix it up. Don’t stick to just one kiss just because you know he likes it. Throw in different types of kisses to keep him on his toes.
Keep it up. Even if you’ve been together for years, kissing can keep things passionate, so never stop kissing!
Kissing—and keeping things fresh with different types of kisses—is a great way to attract a man you have just started dating and keep a guy you’ve been with for years wanting you even more.
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below: which of these kisses did you try on your man, and which did he go nuts for?
If you want another secret weapon to drawing men in with your charms, I suggest taking The Feminine Charm Code course. You’ll learn to draw men to you like flies to honey!
My true passion in life is transforming your love life by giving you specific tools and techniques that you can use to attract long lasting love. I got started when...Read Adam's Story